Institutional Financial Markets Inc. (IFMI): Today's Featured Real Estate Loser
The real estate industry closed the day up 2%. Vestin Realty Mortgage I Inc (VRTA), IFM Investments (CTC), American Realty Investors Inc (ARL), and China Housing & Land Development Inc (CHLN) were all decliners today within the real estate industry with Institutional Financial Markets Inc (IFMI) being today's featured real estate loser. Institutional Financial Markets Inc fell one cent (-0.5%) to $1.85 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,200 shares of Institutional Financial Markets Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,700 shares. Institutional Financial Markets, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm primarily provides its services to individuals and institutions. It manages separate client-focused fixed income portfolios. The firm also manages funds and collateralized debt obligations for its clients. Institutional Financial Markets Inc has a market cap of $26.8 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Institutional Financial Markets as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Institutional Financial Markets Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV