The retail industry closed the day up 4.2%. Pharmerica Corporation (PMC), Liberty Interactive (LINTB), Alon Holdings Blue Square - Israel (BSI), and China Jo-Jo Drugstores Inc (CJJD) were all decliners today within the retail industry with Haverty Furniture Companies CL A (HVT.A) being today's featured retail loser. Haverty Furniture Companies CL A fell 94 cents (-9.5%) to $10.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 400 shares of Haverty Furniture Companies CL A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 300 shares. Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of residential furniture and accessories in the United States. Haverty Furniture Companies CL A has a market cap of $33.7 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Haverty Furniture Companies CL A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Haverty Furniture Companies CL A Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HVT.A
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV