SmartHeat Inc. (HEAT): Today's Featured Industrial Loser
The industrial industry closed the day up 3%. Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp (APWC), Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp (AWRCF), Cleantech Solutions International Inc (CLNT), and Material Sciences Corporation (MSC) were all decliners today within the industrial industry with SmartHeat Inc (HEAT) being today's featured industrial loser. SmartHeat Inc fell 13 cents (-20%) to 52 cents on light volume. Throughout the day, 325,764 shares of SmartHeat Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 476,700 shares. SmartHeat Inc. manufactures, sells, and services plate heat exchangers (PHE) in the People's Republic of China. SmartHeat Inc has a market cap of $25.9 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.6, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 87.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates SmartHeat as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full SmartHeat Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV