The wholesale industry closed the day up 2.2%. Omnicare Inc (OCR), InfoSonics Corporation (IFON), Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR), and China Metro-Rural Holdings (CNR) were all decliners today within the wholesale industry with Amcon Distributing Company (DIT) being today's featured wholesale loser. Amcon Distributing Company fell $1.10 (-1.9%) to $55.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 912 shares of Amcon Distributing Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,100 shares. AMCON Distributing Company and its subsidiaries engage in the wholesale distribution of consumer products in the Central and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States. It operates in two segments, Wholesale Distribution and Retail Health Food. Amcon Distributing Company has a market cap of $34.7 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.5, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 28.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Amcon Distributing as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Amcon Distributing Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DIT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV