Golden Star Resources Ltd. (GSS): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Loser
The metals & mining industry closed the day up 0.3%. Richmont Mines Inc (RIC), Claude Resources Inc (CGR), Quaterra Resources Inc (QMM), and Great Panther Silver (GPL) were all decliners today within the metals & mining industry with Golden Star Resources (GSS) being today's featured metals & mining loser. Golden Star Resources fell 4 cents (-2.4%) to $1.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Golden Star Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. Golden Star Resources Ltd., a gold mining and exploration company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of gold properties. Golden Star Resources has a market cap of $481 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 43.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Golden Star as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Golden Star Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV