Yes. Between September 22, 2011 and October 3, 2011, the Company purchased 604,768 shares of Landec Common Stock at a total cost of $3.3 million.
8) What are Landec’s priorities for the next 12 to 24 months?
Our goals are as follows: (1) grow Lifecore’s business by utilizing Lifecore’s strengths in ophthalmology, viscoelastic materials and sterile filling, (2) grow Apio’s food business and maintain Apio’s margins, (3) support Chiquita with its roll-out plans for avocados, (4) support Landec Ag in targeting top seed treatment and crop protection companies, (5) continue to invest in polymer chemistry R&D, (6) find new applications for BreatheWay packaging technology and Intelimer polymer technology that can be commercialized through Landec’s subsidiaries or third party partners, (7) find new investment opportunities for growth and margin enhancement, and (8) maintain a strong balance sheet. We see growth opportunities and we are continuing to expand our investment in R&D to take advantage of these opportunities, while continuing the shift in revenue mix to higher margin businesses.
9) How do the results by line of business for the three months ended August 28, 2011 compare with the same period last year?
The results are as follows (unaudited and in thousands):
Three months ended 8/28/11
Three months ended 8/29/10
|Apio Value Added(a)||$||43,363||$||40,558|
|Apio Export (b)||21,355||16,483|
|Tech. Licensing (c)||1,462||1,527|
|Apio Value Added||6,059||6,363|
|Total Gross Profit||11,250||11,817|
|Net Income (Loss):|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV