Yes. Between September 22, 2011 and October 3, 2011, the Company purchased 604,768 shares of Landec Common Stock at a total cost of $3.3 million.
8) What are Landec’s priorities for the next 12 to 24 months?
Our goals are as follows: (1) grow Lifecore’s business by utilizing Lifecore’s strengths in ophthalmology, viscoelastic materials and sterile filling, (2) grow Apio’s food business and maintain Apio’s margins, (3) support Chiquita with its roll-out plans for avocados, (4) support Landec Ag in targeting top seed treatment and crop protection companies, (5) continue to invest in polymer chemistry R&D, (6) find new applications for BreatheWay packaging technology and Intelimer polymer technology that can be commercialized through Landec’s subsidiaries or third party partners, (7) find new investment opportunities for growth and margin enhancement, and (8) maintain a strong balance sheet. We see growth opportunities and we are continuing to expand our investment in R&D to take advantage of these opportunities, while continuing the shift in revenue mix to higher margin businesses.
9) How do the results by line of business for the three months ended August 28, 2011 compare with the same period last year?
|The results are as follows (unaudited and in thousands):|
|Three months ended 8/28/11||Three months ended 8/29/10|
|Apio Value Added(a)||$||43,363||$||40,558|
|Apio Export (b)||21,355||16,483|
|Tech. Licensing (c)||1,462||1,527|
|Apio Value Added||6,059||6,363|
|Total Gross Profit||11,250||11,817|
|Net Income (Loss):|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV