Yes. Our new investment search is focused on opportunities where we can accelerate growth in our core businesses of food and biological materials while increasing our overall margins. We are focused on identifying potential investment targets that have technology and commercial products that are synergistic with our polymer technologies and our existing core businesses.
5) Is the fresh-cut produce category returning to a growth mode and how has the weather been in California during the first part of fiscal year 2012?
We have seen some growth over the last six months and are hopeful this is a trend that will continue during all of fiscal year 2012. The overall fresh-cut produce category experienced a 6% growth in volume during the last six months. This growth is coming mostly in the bagged fresh-cut vegetable category whereas the fresh-cut vegetable tray demand has yet to rebound. For our internal plan for fiscal year 2012, we expected year-over-year growth in the industry category to be about 3%. As for the weather, we have experienced very good weather this summer with no sourcing issues through the first four months of fiscal year 2012.
6) What are the future plans for your seed business now that Monsanto has informed you that they are discontinuing work on your technology?We have hired an Ag consulting firm to investigate business options for our Intellicoat technology. They are actively arranging meetings with top seed treatment and crop protection companies. Our technology team is continuing to advance our controlled release technology for agricultural applications. 7) Has the Company recently purchased any of its Common Stock under the buyback plan approved by the Board of Directors?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV