NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The Federal Housing Finance Agency's Office of Inspector General said in its latest report critical of the Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) regulator that the agency still had no policies to address abusive foreclosure practices by law firms representing the mortgage giants.
Fannie and Freddie were taken under government conservatorship in September 2008. As of June 9, according to the FHFA, the U.S. Treasury had "invested over $162 billion of public funds in
The FHFA's Inspector General began a review of Fannie Mae's Retained Attorney Service Network, or RAN, in late 2010, following a request from Representative Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.) that the Inspector General investigate "widespread allegations of abuse" by law firms hired to process foreclosures for Fannie Mae, and FHFA's efforts "to investigate these allegations and implement corrective action."
The Inspector General found that "there were indicators prior to August 2010
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV