3. Steven Madden (SHOO - Get Report) designs, sources, markets and sells footwear for women, men and children and private label fashion handbags and accessories. It operates under five categories: wholesale footwear, wholesale accessories, retail, first cost and licensing.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, four recommend buying and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Its average 12-month price target is $45.50, which is 60.4% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
Net sales for the second quarter of 2011 increased 31.8% to $209.2 million from the year-ago quarter with retail comparable-store sales rising 11.6%. Meanwhile, second-quarter net income increased 20.1% to $23.8 million, or 55 cents per diluted share, from $19.8 million, or 47 cents per diluted share, in the same quarter prior year. Including the internet store, the company had 83 retail locations at the end of the quarter.Recently, SHOO announced a deal with BasicNet S.p.A. to become the exclusive licensee for the Superga brand in North America. The Superga is exclusive to premier department stores and high-end specialty footwear boutiques. For full year 2011, the company estimates net sales to increase in the range of 47% to 49% as compared to 2010 levels. Diluted earnings per share are now forecast to range from $2.15 to $2.20 from the previous guidance of $2.03 to $2.10.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts