NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- More than 37% of shoppers and 42% of women shoppers intend to do part of their holiday shopping by Halloween, falling on Oct. 31, 2011, reports a National Retail Federation (NRF) consumer survey. Retailers are elated as they are close to the forecasted $450 billion of holiday spending.
ShopperTrak, a Chicago-based consulting firm, reports retail sales are likely to increase by 3% during Nov.- Dec. 2011. Retail sales in the U.S. sprinted 7.2% in August compared to the same month in 2010, as per the Commerce Department.
Based on latest quarterly results and analysts' buy, hold recommendations, these eight footwear stocks have potential upsides ranging from 16% to 132%. On average, these stocks have buy recommendation of 56% and hold rating of 30%, based on a Bloomberg consensus.
The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
8. Under Armour (UA) engages in the development, marketing and distribution of branded performance apparel, footwear and accessories for men, women and youth. Of the 27 analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend buying and 63% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $76.00, which is 17.7% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus. For the second quarter of 2011, the company reported net revenue of $291.3 million, an increase of 42% from the same quarter prior year. Diluted earnings per share rose to 12 cents from 7 cents recorded in the second quarter of 2010. Net income increased to $6.2 million in the second quarter of 2011 compared with $3.5 million in the second quarter of 2010. The company has raised its full year revenue guidance to a range of $1.42 to $1.44 billion from the previous view of $1.37 to $1.39 billion, indicating 33% to 35% growth over 2010 levels. Meanwhile, operating income guidance range is raised to $155 to $160 million from the earlier range of $149 to $153 million, up 38% to 42% from 2010 levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV