In 2007, Midwestern private equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners paid $7.3 billion for Illinois based computer reseller CDW. Continuing to buy up the neighborhood, Madison Dearborn followed up its buyout later that year by paying $5.75 billion for the Chicago-based investment house Nuveen Investments.
Madison Dearborn paid $87.75 in cash per share for the CDW, seller of computers, hardware and office equipment to business customers, a 16% premium over the trading price of shares prior to its announcement. According to company filings, sales have increased over 8% year over year and overall operating income is up 30%. The company has not yet filed for an I.P.O. with the SEC and has $4.2 billion in debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV