NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) hit a new 52-week low Tuesday as it is currently trading at $21.01, below its previous 52-week low of $21.50 with 15,749 shares traded as of 9:30 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 12.2 million shares over the past 30 days. The Dow Chemical has a market cap of $26.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are down 37% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies products used as raw materials in the production of customer products and services worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 10.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your DOW trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about DOW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV