ProShares Launches First Geared VIX Futures ETFs
ProShares, a premier provider of alternative exchange traded funds (ETFs), including the only VIX futures ETFs in the United States, today announced the expansion of its lineup with the launch of the first ETFs in the United States designed to provide magnified or inverse exposure to VIX futures.
The ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (NYSE: UVXY) seeks to provide 2x the daily performance of the S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Index, before fees and expenses. The ProShares Short VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (NYSE: SVXY) seeks to provide -1x the daily performance of the S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Index, before fees and expenses. The ETFs list on NYSE Arca today.
"Many investors are focused on volatility of the equity markets and are interested in tools that could help manage or incorporate volatility in sophisticated portfolios," said Michael L. Sapir, Chairman and CEO of ProShare Capital Management, the sponsor of the funds. "Now, with our introduction of these new ProShares, investors for the first time can get leveraged or inverse exposure to VIX futures with an exchange traded fund."
Since the financial crisis, there has been heightened attention on equity market volatility. ProShares introduced the nation’s first two VIX futures ETFs in early 2011. Today’s launch expands the firm’s lineup of the nation’s only VIX futures ETFs to four, providing investors a suite of tools to help manage risk or to act on views on volatility.
|New Volatility ETFs|
Ultra VIX Short-TermFutures
|UVXY||S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures||2x|
Short VIX Short-TermFutures
|SVXY||S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures||-1x|
|Existing Volatility ETFs|
|VIX Short-Term Futures||VIXY||S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures||1x|
|VIX Mid-Term Futures||VIXM||S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures||1x|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV