Financial Engines and the Pension Research Council (PRC) of the Wharton School today announced the agenda for the Financial Engines/PRC Retirement Income Summit, a daylong symposium taking place Oct. 4, 2011, in New York. The summit is designed to highlight the latest retirement income research by behavioral experts and economists, as well as the work and experience of thought-leaders in academia, plan sponsors, and leading legal and regulatory experts.
“The Baby Boom generation is facing retirement at one of the most challenging times in history,” explained Jeff Maggioncalda, president and CEO of Financial Engines. “The Retirement Income Summit provides an opportunity for policymakers, academics and employers to share ideas and shape solutions to address this need.”
Human Resource and Treasury executives from 27 large employers representing a cross-section of industries are expected to attend the Retirement Income Summit. The following distinguished speakers are scheduled to present at the event:
Michael L. DavisDeputy Assistant Secretary, Department of LaborJ. Mark IwrySenior Advisor to the Secretaryand Deputy Assistant Secretary for Retirement and Health Policy, Department of Treasury Olivia S. MitchellExecutive Director, Pension Research Council, The Wharton School Stephen ZeldesBenjamin M. Rosen Professor of Economics and FinanceGraduate School of Business, Columbia University Christopher JonesChief Investment Officer, Financial Engines Jason ScottManaging Director, Financial Engines Retiree Research Center Topics to be discussed during the Retirement Income Summit include:
- Regulators’ perspectives on retirement income in defined contribution (DC) plans
- The nature of participant choice in DC plans
- The role and perspective of plan sponsors in delivering retirement income solutions
- How near-retirees make decisions around when to claim Social Security
- Overcoming economic and psychological barriers to annuitization
- What issues the next generation of retirement income solutions need to address
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV