MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) -- Third-quarter earnings season begins in earnest when Alcoa (AA) reports results on Oct. 11. For those looking to get a head start on trading earnings, several big names report results this week, including Costco (COST), Yum Brands (YUM), Marriot International (MAR) and Constellation Brands (STZ).
Investors have endured the brunt of speculative selling over the last few months. With earnings, we can move beyond speculation and begin adjusting to actual facts. Sellers are betting on a recession, and they may be right.
Recent economic data would seem to suggest that recession is inevitable -- as does as a recent report from the Economic Cycle Research Institute. In fact, the leading economic indicators that the institute follows are indicated that a recession may have already begun.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV