MINNEAPOLIS ( Stockpickr) -- Third-quarter earnings season begins in earnest when Alcoa (AA) reports results on Oct. 11. For those looking to get a head start on trading earnings, several big names report results this week, including Costco (COST), Yum Brands (YUM), Marriot International (MAR) and Constellation Brands (STZ).
Investors have endured the brunt of speculative selling over the last few months. With earnings, we can move beyond speculation and begin adjusting to actual facts. Sellers are betting on a recession, and they may be right.
Recent economic data would seem to suggest that recession is inevitable -- as does as a recent report from the Economic Cycle Research Institute. In fact, the leading economic indicators that the institute follows are indicated that a recession may have already begun.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV