Universal Corporation (UVV): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
The consumer goods sector closed the day down 3.8%. Eastman Kodak Company (EK), Global-Tech Advanced Innovations Inc (GAI), China Shengda Packaging Group Inc (CPGI), and Industrie Natuzzi (NTZ) were all winners today within the consumer goods sector with Universal Corporation (UVV) being today's featured consumer goods winner. Universal Corporation rose 19 cents (0.5%) to $36.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 304,249 shares of Universal Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 265,700 shares. Universal Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a leaf tobacco merchant and processor worldwide. Universal Corporation has a market cap of $868.9 million and is part of the tobacco industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, equal to the average tobacco industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Universal as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Universal Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV