The insurance industry closed the day down 3.8%. 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC) and Imperial Holdings Inc (IFT) were all winners today within the insurance industry with Unico American Corporation (UNAM) being today's featured insurance winner. Unico American Corporation rose 19 cents (1.9%) to $10.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,405 shares of Unico American Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,000 shares. Unico American Corporation, an insurance holding company, underwrites property and casualty insurance. The company provides property, casualty, and health insurance products, as well as insurance premium financing and membership association services. Unico American Corporation has a market cap of $54.7 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.1, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 16.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Unico American as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Unico American Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UNAM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV