Sprott Resource Lending Corp (SILU): Today's Featured Financial Winner
The financial sector closed the day down 3.6%. Oak Valley Bancorp (OVLY), First Place Financial Corporation (FPFC), Bank VA Chesterfield (BOVA), and Provident Community Bancshares Inc (PCBS) were all winners today within the financial sector with Sprott Resource Lending (SILU) being today's featured financial winner. Sprott Resource Lending rose one cent (0.7%) to $1.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 144,021 shares of Sprott Resource Lending exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 241,500 shares. Sprott Resource Lending Corp., a natural resource lender, provides bridge and mezzanine financing to precious and base metal mining, exploration, and development companies, as well as energy companies worldwide. The company was formerly known as Quest Capital Corp. Sprott Resource Lending has a market cap of $189.4 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 29.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sprott Resource Lending as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Sprott Resource Lending Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV