The health services industry closed the day down 4.5%. Pressure BioSciences Inc (PBIO), Psychemedics Corporation (PMD), Escalon Medical Corporation (ESMC), and Heartware International Inc (HTWR) were all winners today within the health services industry with Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc (PPDI) being today's featured health services winner. Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc rose $6.64 (25.9%) to $32.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 33.4 million shares of Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc., a contract research organization, provides drug discovery, development, and lifecycle management services. It operates in two segments, Development and Laboratory Services. Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc has a market cap of $3 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 41.6, above the average health services industry P/E ratio of 18.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pharmaceutical Product Development as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Pharmaceutical Product Development Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV