First Defiance Financial Corporation (FDEF): Today's Featured Banking Winner
The banking industry closed the day down 2.7%. Oak Valley Bancorp (OVLY), First Place Financial Corporation (FPFC), Bank VA Chesterfield (BOVA), and Provident Community Bancshares Inc (PCBS) were all winners today within the banking industry with First Defiance Financial Corporation (FDEF) being today's featured banking winner. First Defiance Financial Corporation rose 22 cents (1.7%) to $13.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 20,341 shares of First Defiance Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22,500 shares. First Defiance Financial Corp. operates as the holding company for First Federal Bank of the Midwest that provides financial services to communities based in northwest Ohio, northeast Indiana, and southeastern Michigan. First Defiance Financial Corporation has a market cap of $129.6 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.7, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 11.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates First Defiance Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full First Defiance Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV