TOR Minerals International Inc. (TORM): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
The chemicals industry closed the day down 4.8%. Metabolix Inc (MBLX), Lightbridge (LTBR), TPC Group Inc (TPCG), and Clean Diesel Technologies Inc (CDTI) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with TOR Minerals International Inc (TORM) being today's featured chemicals loser. TOR Minerals International Inc fell 28 cents (-2.4%) to $11.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,000 shares of TOR Minerals International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,200 shares. TOR Minerals International, Inc., a specialty chemical company, engages in the manufacture and marketing of mineral products. TOR Minerals International Inc has a market cap of $25 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.1, below the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 12.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates TOR Minerals International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full TOR Minerals International Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV