Rating Change #2
Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa (SBS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SBS's very impressive revenue growth is slightly higher than the industry average of 52.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 59.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.79, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.16, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Water Utilities industry and the overall market, CIA SANEAMENTO BASICO ESTADO's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 525.88% to $528.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CIA SANEAMENTO BASICO ESTADO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 307.07%.
Companhia de Saneamento B sico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP provides water and sewage services to residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental customers in the State of Sao Paulo. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 5.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are down 9.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.You can view the full Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV