Short interest: 34%
52-week high: $23.10
Current price: $4.10
Year to date performance relative to the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index: Down 63%
Shorts have feasted on Savient since FDA approval last year of Krystexxa for hard-to-treat gout. Shorting new drug launches has been a foolproof moneymaker for healthcare investors but Savient made it easy. First, Savient executives over-hyped plans to sell the company and then failed to find a buyer. Oops! Jilted, Savient was forced to launch Krystexxa alone. No surprise -- the company's marketing efforts to date have been dismal.
Analysts of late have been trying to rally to Savient's side, calling Krystexxa an emerging 2012 story.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV