The Great Commodities Heist
I previously devoted an entire commentary to the subject of how so-called "hoarding" preserves markets, much like animal "conservation" (or "hoarding" of animals) preservers endangered species. It is "shorting" which destroys markets, for the very reason I already provided: It sabotages supply by under-pricing, inevitably leading to shortages and higher prices.
Despite the outrageous crimes being committed in our commodity markets, ordinary investors have no choice in their own actions. The descent of our governments into such blatant criminality is proof of the severity of the economic problems which they try to hide from us -- as well as demonstrating the magnitude of their desperation.
It would be genuine "speculation" (and risk) for commodity-holders to pull their wealth out of these sectors and convert it back into the same paper which are own governments have vowed to destroy. The laws of supply and demand can never be violated. They can only be perverted over the short term, before their inexorable fundamentals restore "balance" to a market.
The more extreme the manipulation, the more severely the pendulum must swing back. The holders of commodities need only stand their ground -- and watch the paper-holders complete their own economic suicide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV