NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- BancorpSouth (NYSE:BXS) hit a new 52-week low Monday as it is currently trading at $8.59, below its previous 52-week low of $8.61 with 234,538 shares traded as of 12:29 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 1.1 million shares over the past 30 days. BancorpSouth has a market cap of $781.5 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 45% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. BancorpSouth, Inc. operates as the holding company for BancorpSouth Bank that provides commercial banking and financial services to individuals, and small-to-medium sized businesses in Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Missouri, and Illinois. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 20.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your BXS trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about BXS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV