ATLANTA, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 1,100 Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRDA; CRDB) employees helped others around the world during a wide variety of service projects undertaken Saturday as part of the Company's third annual Global Day of Service.
"We recognize the connection between the success of our communities and the success of our Company," said Crawford President and Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey T. Bowman. "Volunteerism is a significant part of our culture, and we partner with organizations around the world to support initiatives that respond in a meaningful way to community needs and priorities. We feel fortunate to be able to help those in need during our Global Day of Service."
The 49 projects planned by volunteers in 20 countries helped organizations ranging from food banks and orphanages to domestic violence shelters and nursing centers. Among the specific activities were:
- Making donations and assisting with food distribution at the Northern Illinois Food Bank, which serves more than 61,000 individuals each week.
- Repairing facilities and providing activities for children at SOS Children's Villages in Coconut Creek, Fla.
- Providing meals, reading and playing games in several Brazilian institutions for abandoned children and senior citizens.
- Making and collecting donations in Dusseldorf, Germany, for organizations that offer palliative and hospice services to terminally ill children.
- Collecting, packing and distributing donations to a food bank in Birmingham, U.K.
- Providing materials and snacks to children at the Rong-Kuang Children's Home in Taiwan, Republic of China.
- Helping to clean up the Mt. Gede Pangrango National Park in West Java, Indonesia.
Company employees also served their communities individually if they were not able to join a group project.In Crawford's headquarters city of Atlanta, about 170 volunteers worked on a wide variety of projects to benefit the Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children and the Atlanta Community Food Bank (ACFB) Product Resource Center (PRC). At the Atlanta Day Shelter, Crawford volunteers organized, painted, cleaned and repaired a number of areas of the facility, conducted resume, computer and craft workshops, provided salon services and cooked and served luncheon to shelter guests. Company employees also donated holiday gifts, baby and household items and non-perishable food, and Crawford gave the facility several computers. At the food bank's PRC, employees sorted and packed food that is distributed to more than 700 nonprofit partner agencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV