Employees across North America rally around 'World Day of Bullying Prevention' by wearing blue shirts and learning prevention, reduction techniques
WALL, NJ, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - The drivers, monitors, mechanics, and staff of Student Transportation Inc (STI) might be looking a little blue today. But they are not sad. All across North America, employees are joining the Stomp Out Bullying campaign by wearing blue shirts today to promote the reduction and prevention of bullying on the school bus. October 3 is recognized as 'Blue Shirt Day' by Stomp Out Bullying.
Bullying can take place in the classroom, in the hallways, in the cafeteria, and many other places. However, bullying on the school bus can be just as prevalent. "Students can spend up to 90 minutes on the bus each day, whether it is during their home to school routes or traveling to extracurricular activities," says Peter Pearson, Executive Vice President of STI. "We want our staff to be aware of the signs and to aide in the prevention of such a common problem."
In conjunction with the occasion, STI released a new two-part instructional program on its employee distance learning system, ST University. It focuses on the telltale signs of bullying, how to work with parents and school districts to prevent it, and effective actions to manage bullying on the bus. The company will roll out the program to many of the staff, drivers, and monitors with hopes that it will create a better environment for the over 600,000 students the company transports each day.For more information about the Stomp Out Bullying campaign, visit www.stompoutbullying.org. To see some of local efforts to support this cause and to keep up with Student Transportation Inc., you can visit www.RideSTA.com or "Like" the company on Facebook at www.facebook.com/StudentTransportation. ###
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV