'Occupy Wall Street' Protest Enters Third Week
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- An "Occupy Wall Street" protest march on the Brooklyn Bridge on Sunday resulted in the arrest of some 700 people as the demonstration entered its third week of activity.
The group has maintained its makeshift headquarters at Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan, where daily routines include sleeping, eating, singing and speeches among other things.
"That's what civil disobedience is all about," a protestor named Brandon told TheStreet last week. "We got to get in people's faces and let them know what's really going on."
The protestors have greeted employees in the Financial District of New York for two weeks in various ways."Every morning I sit right here in this spot and I say 'good morning' to everybody going to work," Brandon said. But Monday morning many of the participants were dressed as zombies in suits with white-painted faces and fake blood. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said on Friday that the protestors were blaming the wrong people. "The protestors are protesting against people who make 40 or $50,000 a year and are struggling to make ends meet. That's the bottom line," Bloomberg said on WOR 710 radio. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV