BOSTON, Mass. (TheStreet) -- A calendar of important, potentially stock-moving biotech events for October:
Obesity Society annual meeting.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX) v. Bayer flurosorafenib litigation gets underway.
Research abstracts for the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) annual meeting made available.
"Cancer Immunotherapy: A Long-Awaited Reality" conference, sponsored by MD Becker Partners. Oct. 11-15
American Society for Human Genetics (ASHG) meeting. Oct. 13
Rigel Pharmaceuticals (RIGL) investor/analyst meeting: Asthma strategy and pipeline. Oct. 19-21
ECTRIMS annual meeting. Key data presentations include Teva's (TEVA) laquinimod and Biogen Idec's (BIIB) BG-12. Oct. 20-23
Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) meeting. Dynavax Technologies (DVAX) Heplisav Hepatitis B data to be presented. Oct 22-25
American Academy of Opthalmology (AAO) meeting. Oct. 24
Amgen (AMGN) third-quarter earnings. Oct. 28
FDA approval decision for Pacira Pharmaceuticals' (PCRX) Exparel for post-surgical pain management.
FDA approval decision date for Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) and AstraZeneca's (AZN) dapagliflozin for diabetes. An FDA advisory panel on July 19 voted to recommend against approval. Biotech events expected before the end of September:
Biogen Idec: Top-line results of a phase III study of the multiple sclerosis drug BG-12 compared against Teva's Copaxone.
Exelixis (EXEL): Top-line results of phase III study of cabozantinib in medullary thyroid cancer. Sources: TheStreet research, company announcements, BioMedTracker --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV