- LAN has fully complied with its self regulatory fare plan and has provided all information required by the TDLC in a transparent, timely and accurate manner;
- On September 26, 2011, through ORD. No. 422, the Junta de Aeronáutica Civil (JAC), Chile’s civil aviation authority, requested that LAN send all information provided to the TDLC related to compliance with its self regulatory fare plan;
- LAN, in a letter to the JAC dated September 28, 2011, sent all the required information in the same manner as it had been submitted to the TDLC. The information LAN submitted to the JAC included the request to correct the calculation errors presented to the TDLC on September 27;
- Through ORD. No. 438 dated September 28, 2011, and addressed to the President of the TDLC and with copy to LAN, the JAC states that “after revising the information, it is the opinion of this General Secretary that the TDLC did not use the correct methodology to calculate the yields. In this sense, we can indicate that the most significant calculation error results from not prorating the fares by the flown segment, which is fundamental to obtain the revenues per kilometer. Not prorating strongly overestimates the results;” and
- Considering the foregoing, LAN reaffirms that the calculations provided to the TDLC are correct and confirm that air travel in Chile is on average cheaper than in the United States, a recognized competitive industry.
In Compliance With Market Regulations, LAN Clarifies Facts Related To Calculation Errors Contained In TDLC Ruling
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.