BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Sentiment is a crucial part of market pricing. Ultimately, sentiment -- how investors feel about a stock, commodity or any other investment -- is key to what they're willing to pay for it. Sentiment indicators are a means of quantifying the feeling among different investor groups. As a result, they're a powerful tool for any trader's toolbox.
In today's technical primer, we'll take a look at some of the most useful sentiment indicators out there.
Sentiment indicators are especially helpful when used with contrarian investing strategies (if you missed our primer on contrarian investing, you can read it here). In short, they provide an added way of seeing exactly what the crowd is thinking. Better, they help us see what different members of the crowd are thinking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV