Waste Connections Inc. (WCN): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
The industrial goods sector closed the day down 2%. Ener1 Inc (HEV), American Defense Systems Inc (EAG), THT Heat Transfer Technology Inc (THTI), and Euro Tech Holdings Company (CLWT) were all winners today within the industrial goods sector with Waste Connections Inc (WCN) being today's featured industrial goods winner. Waste Connections Inc rose 38 cents (1.1%) to $33.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 742,892 shares of Waste Connections Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 940,800 shares. Waste Connections, Inc., an integrated solid waste services company, provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services. Waste Connections Inc has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.9, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Waste Connections as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Waste Connections Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV