Synaptics Inc. (SYNA): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner
The computer hardware industry closed the day down 1.5%. Performance Technologies Inc (PTIX), Pinnacle Data Systems Inc (PNS), Lantronix Inc (LTRX), and Dataram Corporation (DRAM) were all winners today within the computer hardware industry with Synaptics Inc (SYNA) being today's featured computer hardware winner. Synaptics Inc rose 27 cents (1.1%) to $23.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 590,710 shares of Synaptics Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 438,600 shares. Synaptics Incorporated develops and supplies custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with various mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices. Synaptics Inc has a market cap of $747.6 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.9, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Synaptics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV