Statoil ASA (STO): Today's Featured Energy Winner
The energy industry closed the day down 2.7%. GeoMet Inc (GMET), Isramco Inc (ISRL), InterOil Corporation (IOC), and Compressco Partners (GSJK) were all winners today within the energy industry with Statoil ASA (STO) being today's featured energy winner. Statoil ASA rose 30 cents (1.4%) to $21.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Statoil ASA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. Statoil ASA engages in the exploration, production, transportation, refining, and marketing of petroleum and petroleum-derived products. Statoil ASA has a market cap of $66.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.9, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 5.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Statoil ASA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Statoil ASA Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV