Spartan Stores Inc. (SPTN): Today's Featured Wholesale Winner
The wholesale industry closed the day down 2.3%. China Auto Logistics Inc (CALI), GTSI Corporation (GTSI), and Amcon Distributing Company (DIT) were all winners today within the wholesale industry with Spartan Stores Inc (SPTN) being today's featured wholesale winner. Spartan Stores Inc rose 25 cents (1.6%) to $15.52 on light volume. Throughout the day, 61,465 shares of Spartan Stores Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 153,900 shares. Spartan Stores, Inc. operates as a grocery distributor and grocery retailer principally in Michigan and Indiana. The company operates in two segments, Distribution and Retail. Spartan Stores Inc has a market cap of $344.2 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.5, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Spartan Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Spartan Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV