The banking industry closed the day down 1.5%. Plumas Bancorp (PLBC), Princeton National Bancorp Inc (PNBC), Mackinac Financial Corporation (MFNC), and Magyar Bancorp Inc (MGYR) were all winners today within the banking industry with Simmons First National Corporation (SFNC) being today's featured banking winner. Simmons First National Corporation rose 28 cents (1.3%) to $21.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 38,757 shares of Simmons First National Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 44,000 shares. Simmons First National Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides a range of banking products and services to individual and corporate customers in Arkansas, Missouri, and Kansas. Simmons First National Corporation has a market cap of $358.1 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.9, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Simmons First as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Simmons First Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SFNC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV