OGE Energy Corp (OGE): Today's Featured Utilities Winner
The utilities sector closed the day down 1.2%. Artesian Resource Corporation (ARTNA), ITC Holdings (ITC), American DG Energy Inc (ADGE), and Gas Natural Inc (EGAS) were all winners today within the utilities sector with OGE Energy (OGE) being today's featured utilities winner. OGE Energy rose 60 cents (1.3%) to $47.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 755,514 shares of OGE Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 595,500 shares. OGE Energy Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an energy and energy services provider that offers physical delivery and related services for electricity and natural gas primarily in the south central United States. OGE Energy has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.3, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 7.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates OGE Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full OGE Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV