The specialty retail industry closed the day down 3%. Bluefly Inc (BFLY) and Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) were all winners today within the specialty retail industry with Hastings Entertainment Inc (HAST) being today's featured specialty retail winner. Hastings Entertainment Inc rose 2 cents (0.5%) to $2.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,100 shares of Hastings Entertainment Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,800 shares. Hastings Entertainment, Inc. operates as a multimedia entertainment retailer. Hastings Entertainment Inc has a market cap of $24.1 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 54.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hastings Entertainment as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Hastings Entertainment Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HAST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV