The health services industry closed the day down 1.4%. World Heart Corporation (WHRT), Genomic Health Inc (GHDX), Nanosphere Inc (NSPH), and Psychemedics Corporation (PMD) were all winners today within the health services industry with Edwards Life (EW) being today's featured health services winner. Edwards Life rose 54 cents (0.8%) to $71.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Edwards Life exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. Edwards Lifesciences Corporation offers products and technologies designed to treat advanced cardiovascular disease worldwide. It provides products for heart valve therapy; critical care; cardiac surgery systems; and vascular diseases. Edwards Life has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 38.7, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 38.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Edwards Life Sciences as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Edwards Life Sciences Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV