American Tower Corp (AMT): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
The telecommunications industry closed the day down 1.9%. Nexxus Lighting Inc (NEXS), CalAmp Corporation (CAMP), RELM Wireless Corporation (RWC), and TeleCommunication Systems Inc (TSYS) were all winners today within the telecommunications industry with American Tower (AMT) being today's featured telecommunications winner. American Tower rose 30 cents (0.6%) to $53.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. American Tower Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company. It develops, owns, and operates communications sites. The company operates in two segments, Rental and Management, and Network Development Services. American Tower has a market cap of $21.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 56.2, equal to the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates American Tower as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV