Waste Management Inc (WM): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
The materials & construction industry closed the day down 2.9%. Deltic Timber Corporation (DEL), Pure Cycle Corporation (PCYO), Guanwei Recycling (GPRC), and China Advanced Construction Materials Group (CADC) were all winners today within the materials & construction industry with Waste Management Inc (WM) being today's featured materials & construction winner. Waste Management Inc rose 23 cents (0.7%) to $32.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of Waste Management Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.6 million shares. Waste Management, Inc. provides integrated waste management services in North America. The company offers collection, transfer, recycling, disposal, and waste-to-energy services. Waste Management Inc has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Waste Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV