Williams Controls Inc. (WMCO): Today's Featured Automotive Winner
The automotive industry closed the day down 2.9%. Strattec Security Corporation (STRT), China Zenix Auto International Ltd ADR (ZX), and Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide (QTWW) were all winners today within the automotive industry with Williams Controls Inc (WMCO) being today's featured automotive winner. Williams Controls Inc rose 9 cents (0.8%) to $10.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,305 shares of Williams Controls Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,900 shares. Williams Controls, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electronic throttle controls and pneumatic controls for heavy trucks, transit buses, off-road equipment, and military applications worldwide. Williams Controls Inc has a market cap of $79.9 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.1, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Williams Controls as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Williams Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV