Valhi Incorporated (VHI): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
The chemicals industry closed the day down 2.7%. Synthesis Energy Sys Inc (SYMX), Sino Clean Energy Inc (SCEI), BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), and China Green Agriculture Inc (CGA) were all winners today within the chemicals industry with Valhi Incorporated (VHI) being today's featured chemicals winner. Valhi Incorporated rose $1.80 (3.4%) to $54.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 24,188 shares of Valhi Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 47,500 shares. Valhi, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates in the chemicals, component products, and waste management businesses. Valhi Incorporated has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 137.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Valhi as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Valhi Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV