China Digital TV Holding Co. Ltd. (STV): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Loser
The computer software & services industry closed the day down 2%. Bridgeline Digital Inc (BLIN), iSoftStone Holdings (ISS), Camelot Information Systems Inc (CIS), and Asiainfo-Linkage Inc (ASIA) were all decliners today within the computer software & services industry with China Digital TV (STV) being today's featured computer software & services loser. China Digital TV fell 8 cents (-2%) to $3.86 on light volume. Throughout the day, 68,950 shares of China Digital TV exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 138,300 shares. China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides conditional access (CA) systems to digital television markets in the People's Republic of China. China Digital TV has a market cap of $229.4 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.5, above the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 3.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 44.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates China Digital TV as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full China Digital TV Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV