Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Winner
The consumer non-durables industry closed the day down 2%. China Shengda Packaging Group Inc (CPGI), Crown Crafts Inc (CRWS), Heelys Inc (HLYS), and Zuoan Fashion (ZA) were all winners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Silgan Holdings Inc (SLGN) being today's featured consumer non-durables winner. Silgan Holdings Inc rose 27 cents (0.7%) to $36.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 339,091 shares of Silgan Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 451,400 shares. Silgan Holdings Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of metal and plastic consumer goods packaging products primarily in the United States, Europe, and Canada. Silgan Holdings Inc has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.5, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 16.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Silgan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Silgan Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV