Everest Re Group Ltd. (RE): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
The insurance industry closed the day down 1.4%. CNinsure Inc (CISG), State Auto Financial (STFC), OneBeacon Insurance Group (OB), and Affirmative Insurance Holdings Inc (AFFM) were all winners today within the insurance industry with Everest Re Group (RE) being today's featured insurance winner. Everest Re Group rose 41 cents (0.5%) to $79.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 359,638 shares of Everest Re Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 430,000 shares. Everest Re Group, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, underwrites reinsurance and insurance in the United States (the U.S.), Bermuda, and international markets. The company operates in five segments: U.S. Reinsurance, U.S. Insurance, Specialty Underwriting, International, and Bermuda. Everest Re Group has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.5, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 15.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Everest Re Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV