Lorillard Inc. (LO): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
The consumer goods sector closed the day down 2.1%. China Shengda Packaging Group Inc (CPGI), Strattec Security Corporation (STRT), Pilgrims Pride (PPC), and Cagle's Inc (CGL.A) were all winners today within the consumer goods sector with Lorillard Inc (LO) being today's featured consumer goods winner. Lorillard Inc rose 95 cents (0.9%) to $111.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Lorillard Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. Lorillard, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States. The company offers 43 different product offerings under the Newport, Kent, True, Maverick, and Old Gold brand names. Lorillard, Inc. Lorillard Inc has a market cap of $15 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, equal to the average tobacco industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 34.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Lorillard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV