The computer software & services industry closed the day down 2%. BluePhoenix Solutions (BPHX), CyberDefender (CYDE), Recon Technology (RCON), and DemandTec Inc (DMAN) were all winners today within the computer software & services industry with Fortinet Inc (FTNT) being today's featured computer software & services winner. Fortinet Inc rose 15 cents (0.9%) to $16.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Fortinet Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. Fortinet, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides network security appliances and unified threat management (UTM) network security solutions to enterprises, service providers, and government entities worldwide. Fortinet Inc has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 45.8, below the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 46.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fortinet as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
- You can view the full Fortinet Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FTNT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV