Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
The drugs industry closed the day down 1.4%. Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company Inc (AXN), Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACUR), Medgenics Inc (MDGN), and YM Biosciences Inc (YMI) were all winners today within the drugs industry with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) being today's featured drugs winner. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company rose 33 cents (1.1%) to $31.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14 million shares of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.8 million shares. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, a global biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and delivers innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company has a market cap of $52.6 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16, below the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 16.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Bristol-Myers Squibb as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Bristol-Myers Squibb Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV