Air Methods Corp. (AIRM): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
The transportation industry closed the day down 3%. Global Ship Lease Inc (GSL), Providence & Worcester Railroad Company (PWX), P.A.M. Transportation (PTSI), and USA Truck (USAK) were all winners today within the transportation industry with Air Methods (AIRM) being today's featured transportation winner. Air Methods rose $2.03 (3.3%) to $63.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, 56,625 shares of Air Methods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 90,400 shares. Air Methods Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides air medical emergency transport services and systems in the United States. Air Methods has a market cap of $771.9 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.3, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Air Methods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Air Methods Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV